Sunday, March 30, 2008

The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.

Once again I have been lax in my blogging. I'll be posting a review of the Cervelo Soloist Carbon shortly, but first I shall describe the riding exploits of late.

Thursday afternoon I went out to the Chippewa course with Matt T. for some climbing practice. We did a modified loop of the race course, starting at the bottom of the Valley Parkway and going all the way to Brecksville Rd. before looping back around Parkview Rd. to rejoin the course. We did three full laps and climbed the hill one last time before turning around and calling it a day, after I bonked on the last hill. All in all we wound up with about 1400ft. of climbing over 27 miles, and an average speed of 15.4 mph. About ten minutes after we got back to the cars, the skies opened up, dropping a blinding rainstorm. Fortunately we were safe and dry by this point.

On Saturday, Matt and I drove down to the Malabar Farm race, where we met up with Dave S., Pete S., and Chris B. Dave, Pete, and Chris raced the 3/4 pack (Dave took fifth, Chris took ninth, and Pete finished in the pack), Matt raced the 4/5 pack and finished with them, while I raced the 5/Cit pack and managed to hold out for the win. I guess all that climbing practice on Thursday paid off. So now the plan is to head out this Thursday for another gravity based torture session. See you on the road!

No comments: