Sunday, February 24, 2008

I got sunshine on a really cold day...

Thanks to the sunny skies and dry roads I was able to get out today and yesterday. Both days were right around 37 miles over a couple hours.

Saturday had around 900 feet of climbing on the east side, along with the company of John E. and Dave S., among others. We went east from First Baptist Church on Fairmount, then hit the bricks and headed out Music St. past the Chagrin River before looping back and climbing up Old Mill Rd. on the return trip.

Today I headed out with Matt O. and John V. down into the Valley Parkway from my place in Lakewood. I've always been a fan of the Parkway ride, as it's flat, scenic, and the cars are mostly used to bikes on the road.

Unfortunately that's going to be my last ride for a few days. According the mechanics at Bike Authority, the star-fangled nut that brings my fork, headset, and frame together as one is loose and is in need of re-gluing. Since I don't want to pull a George at Mid Ohio next weekend, the bike is going in tomorrow morning for some much needed TLC, and won't be back until Wednesday. Until then I'll just have to run the stairs at work...

No comments: